Thursday, June 2, 2016

Day #2 of GIRAFFE WEEK!

It's Day #2 of Giraffe Week here at Joy in a JAR. Today I am sharing a photo I took years ago (like seven) of some of the giraffe stamps I have. I think I should take a new one and show it later in the week. The collection has at least doubled:


A lot of them were gifts, but you can see my "first bought" stamp I showed yesterday right in the center!

Today's share was for a Splitcoast Inspiration Challenge where we chose Google Doodles to inspire us. Here is my choice:
It was the Google Doodle for Chico Mendes' 71st birthday on 12/15/15. I saw those tree trunks and it made me think of giraffe necks (of course?!). This image, which I got earlier this week, even has tree language ("stand tall")!

And I had to use brighter colors than those trees.

I thought the Random Circles Grosgrain ribbon mimicked the giraffe neck closest to it! Hope to see you tomorrow!



Stamps: Technique Junkies
Paper: Pool Party, Basic Black, GP White, American Crafts DP
Paper Size: 5.5 inches SQ
Ink: Archival Black
Accessories: Random Circles Pink Grosgrain (Really Reasonable Ribbon), buttons, twine (both stash)

4 comments:

  1. What fun giraffe stamps Judy! Love that card - I remember seeing it over at SCS - perfect design from your inspiration! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such fun Judy! Love the take on google. The bright pink is so different and just pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it is PINK!!!!
    This is beautiful!
    Elegant image and beautiful patterns and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you collect giraffes. :) I've been seeing your blog header for a while now, but never thought of why you had the giraffe on it... now I know! I love the silhouette giraffes with the pink background! Looks amazing! I think I only have like one giraffe die-cut... part of a Noah's ark set.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!